What you'll need:
- hair pins
- hair spray
- clip (optional)
- curling iron (optional)
- Part your hair slightly more towards the middle than you're used to (I look funny all the way in the middle).
- Draw a 2" band of hair forward (this will be the hair that gets swept back over your do. Pull it forward and over so you can see. Always good to see.
- Grab a 1" band of hair right behind the first batch you pulled forward, spray some hairspray at the base of the band of hair and a bit further up, and gently back-comb about half way up. Don't be too nervous about hurting your hair in this process. Just don't do it everyday and NEVER brush out a back-comb. Wash it out.
- Grab another 1" band of hair right behind the first batch you back-combed, spray some hairspray at the base of the band of hair and a bit further up, and back-comb this piece more than the first. This will be the voluminous bit that gets completely hidden by other hair.
- Lay the back-combed sections down and slightly shape them. You can gently use a comb on the top back-combed layer to tame any crazy pieces.
- Flip the front section of smooth hair back over the back-combed sections.
- To match the volume at the top of your do with the bottom simply curl a few sections (twirling towards the back of your head) of hair and then run your fingers or a brush through the bottom. Don't brush out what you just did on top!
- Do the same on a layer slightly higher.
- With the pieces of hair closest to your face, curl them inwards to frame.
- Now, slightly higher than half-way up your head, pull your hair back as if your going to put it in a half-ponytail.
- Instead of using a hair binder simply twist, twist, twist your hair where you would usually grab it to put a binder on. Secure with hairpins in an angled-upward motion. Pushing them in where the twist meets your scalp. (this is the hardest part and takes some practice)
- Pull forward some wispy pieces all around your face. Don't make it perfect! The point of this do is that it's not perfect.
Makeup worn: Bobbi Brown everything except for the MAC lips (Matte Honeylove) and lashes (half falsies). Don't judge. You can't have a mod shoot without false lashes! All care of my lovely sister-in-law.
Tomorrow's post: Homemade Pretzels