November 26, 2011

DIY Masking Tape Manicure

I like a great creative manicure, but I'm often too cheap frugal to pay for something I can easily do myself. Here's a tutorial on how to get creative with your own nails using a simple tool: masking tape.

What you'll need:

  • two colours of nail polish (really doesn't matter what colours, go nuts)
  • clear coat
  • masking tape

Step #1 Coat of first color and let it dry COMPLETELY (maybe an hour)

Step #2 Place tape on nail in any design you like (you could use this to do a funky french manicure). Remember, whatever is exposed will be the next colour
Step #3 Paint exposed area with next colour
Step #4 CAREFULLY and SLOWLY pull the tape off. If your bottom coat isn't dry enough it will pull away from the nail. Patience!
Step #5 After the second colour has dried, clear coat each nail.
Good luck!

Tomorrow's post: Catching Some Colour and Extra Musical Inspiration

3 comments:

  1. Really cute .... Totally doing this ( Only your painted cuticles are attacking the OCD in me lol. ). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I usually comes off with a few hand washings so I don't stress, but I can see your point. :)

    ReplyDelete