January 25, 2012

Elizabeth Taylor Color Trip

I ran across a beautiful picture of Elizabeth Taylor from 1952 this week on Life.com and wanted to add a twisted color palette to it. This is how I did it.

I used India ink to first draw the details and then watercolored over the drawing. If you try this technique, make sure to test out your particular India ink delivery system (I use an India ink pen) to make sure it doesn't smudge once wet.

I love how her eyes turned out.

It's available here along with other work.

Original image from Getty Images Archive.

Tomorrow's post: Outfit

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. I love the colour you've used on her face! Well done. Seriously you are way to crafty and creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means a lot coming from another crafty gal! Thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous! I think you have more creativity in your little finger than I do in my whole body. I'm a first-time visitor to your gorgeous blog and have so enjoyed reading through some of your most recent projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thanks so much! You made my morning.

      Delete
  3. This is amazing...all I can say is Wooooowwy..!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is so inspiring, I'm in love with your blog! :) I hope you don't mind me featuring this on my tumblr, I'll write the credits! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete