January 26, 2012

Short Hair and Leather

No, I did not get a haircut. I was experimenting with some of the tutorials for pinning up long hair to make it look shorter and created my own with a more Marilyn twist.
It will be up next week.






I'm not sure if it was the short hair, or the shorter skirt, but I got quite a few compliments on my outfit today. I've never mixed this dress with a jacket, much less a leather jacket before, but I feel badass and lovely in it all at the same time. Love those days!

What I wore:

Shirtdress with belt – Paper Scissors
Lamb Leather Jacket – Husband's childhood jacket his father got for him in New Zealand
Boots – Unlisted by Kenneth Cole
Bag – Perlina
Glasses – Prada
Necklace – from Magpie's in Alexandria, MN

Have a great weekend!

Monday's post: Off to the park outfit.

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Loooove pic #4 - you look so fabulously retro. Like an old 70s movie star or something. Awesome styling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm pretty proud of this one. :)

      Delete
  2. Looking great! You remind me of a secret agent :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe! Secret agent man! Secret agent man! Thanks! :)

      Delete
  3. Your hair like that looks beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH! Thanks, dear! It's definitely fun to have options.

      Delete
  4. My goodness. You are always so well styled and you always make it look easy. I love this outfit and the hair. You're gorgeous!

    P.S. I love your DIY posts!!

    ~Nicole
    www.nicolescoffeeshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Nicole. This outfit was one of those easy days. You know, the days when you put something on and it feels perfect. It's rare around here, but I'm practicing! :) Thanks for stopping by! I'll check out your site too. :)

      Delete