February 15, 2012

Glamourous 30s Hair

I've talked about Adrianna enough on this blog, it's time for you to meet her! Here she is in all her red-headed glory. Isn't she a cutie pie!? She asked if I would old-hollywood-up her hair one afternoon and we went for it. Here's how...



First, I popped half of her hair on top of her head and started to use a curling iron to curl under and pin in place small sections of her hair.

 I did this all over her head, including around her face. Then, at the very top of her head I used a three barrel curling iron to get a wavy old-timey look. Or at least that is what I'm calling it. I made sure that these wavy pieces were curled under at the bottom so they could blend with the curled hair underneath.

Looks like a hot mess here, but as soon as you take the pinned curls down and gently run a brush over everything it looks quite 30s glam.


Pop a hair accessory in the side to jazz it up even more.

A very date night worthy look. Adorable Adrianna!

Tomorrow's post: Outfit

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Gooooorgeous! I can't wait for my hair to grow back. (I cut it to chin length for Locks of Love a year ago...slowly but surely...) Love this look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! You could still rock this, even short. Might look even better! :)

      Delete
  2. Do you know what color red she has in her hair? Would love to know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked her today and Adrianna buys her hair color in bulk from a pro shop in Mexico, then does it herself. I'm sure you can find something similar in any drug store, but keep in mind the color of your hair currently will drastically change the outcome of this color. If it's very light, it will end up bright red. If it's dark like Adrianna's, it will be much more subtle.

      You're posting anonymously, so there's no way to know if this is my Mom, but if this is my Mom, NO. N. O. No! You do not have the hot latin blood to back up this hair color. Do not attempt it. It would look cheap on you, not hot. Not hot. But I love you anyway. :)

      Delete
  3. This is sooo frikin cute! I am totally going to have to try it, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! Let me know how it turns out.

      Delete