March 20, 2012

DIY Stencil Cake Topper

My hubby loves sprinkles. There, I said it. I'm married to a sprinkle-lover. And because it was his birthday, I wanted to use sprinkles in some spectacular way on his cake. This is how I stenciled the top of his cake. You could do this with anything: powdered sugar, cocoa, or anything small enough to dust over the stencil.

All you have to do is create your stencil in a word processing program (Word or Pages), print it out, and then cut it out with an exacto knife.

Place the stencil GENTLY on top of the cake.

Then, dust the stencil with your chosen topping.

He loved it!

3 comments:

  1. what are the the bloop bloops on the side of the cake? mini marshmallows covered with the icing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, just frosting. I piped it on in a squiggly pattern.

      Delete
  2. GREAT CAKE, ROSE!! You make me PROUD! :)
    MOM

    ReplyDelete