May 27, 2012

Day Out: Sydney Botanical Gardens

I had to get out of the house today (Saturday). The hubby is still in the midst of studying for his finals, but I 'm done and needed to escape the apartment for the afternoon. On this brisk, 55˚F day (my favorite weather) I visited the botanical gardens and the opera house.



I took an audio recording of the harbor so you, as my mother-in-law puts it, can feel like you were really there. Lots of water, planes, boats, squeeky docks, wind, and even some Asian tourists if you listen closely.







7 comments:

  1. I wondered if you did touristy things! Glad to see you got out. Next time you can give John the tour since you are an expert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a quick two week break from school, so I needed something to do. :) I'm trying to see more of my current city.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! Well, the 'living in Sydney' posts may get a little boring for actual Sydneysiders, but since the majority of my readers are from the US (and my family, ha!) they'll get a kick out of it. :)

      Delete
  3. first few days of summer here, no more hat-weather ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such great photos!! I love it when other people's artwork can make me appreciate the great city I often take for granted!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh! Thanks! Here I thought that only my fam and other US residents would like them! :) Thanks

      Delete