May 28, 2012

The World's Village Idiot: Karl Pilkington

Karl, Karl, Karl. Your idiocy always astounds me, and yet, I keep listening. I've been listening and watching so much that I couldn't help but draw him up.

Karl Pilkington, for those who don't know, is the star of Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant's show: An Idiot Abroad.  Before they set up this TV show for him, he started making a fool of himself, a mockery of the English language, and mis-communicating news stories on a podcast called the Ricky Gervais Show. It's from these podcasts that they have now created an animated series that airs on HBO by the same name.

Yes, they make fun of him, but he REALLY deserves it. This round-headed, monkey-news-reading, munchie-eating fool is worth a listen, if only for Ricky and Steve's hilarious astonishment at his stupidity. Check out EVERYTHING they have done together and I promise laughs.

Here's a little preview of the animated series Ricky Gervais Show (NSFW langauge).

4 comments:

  1. yup...gotta love "Kah ul". haven't gotten into the hbo series but an idiot abroad is an absolute hoot. if for nothing else but to here ricky gervais's laugh. it is infectious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You're right! Ricky never use the 'R' in Karl's name. Never noticed that before. His laugh is the best. I always loose it when he's laughing so hard he says he's 'going to die'. :)

      Delete
  2. I adore Idiot Abroad. I want them to make another season. So funny! I also adore your drawing. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! I think they are doing another season after this season of The Ricky Gervais Show.

      Delete