December 15, 2015

DIY Vintage Ornament Christmas Wreath

So, my bestie and fellow chick-picker and I got an amazing deal on boxes of these little vintage ornaments on twisty wire. I decided to make a Christmas wreath from them, along with selling them individually in my booth at Curiosities Vintage Mall. Here's how I did it.

What you'll need:
- ornaments that come on wire, new or vintage
- one embroidery hoop
- ribbon
- scissors



It's pretty straight forward, really. Just start twisting the ornaments around the embroidery hoop and around each other to secure them. Fill the hoop, squishing them tight as you go. Then wind the ribbon around the ornaments on the hoop for a final securing. Tie the beginning and end of the ribbon to the hoop, leaving a loop of ribbon for hanging.

Tah dah! Ready for your door!

For more Christmas crafting, check out these DIY classics: Lit Flower Christmas Lights, Felt Poinsettia Hair Clip, and Reindeer Face Paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment